Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Life's getting busier now. If I'm not having a test this week, I'm supposed to be studying for an upcoming test the next, so yup, life's picking up pace.

I might not update that often now but I promise I'll try.

Last Saturday, the Singaporeans celebrated Mid-Autumn festival (MAF). I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures but if you do have facebook, they're all in the photos section.

MAF was GREAT! for the first time in our lives we actually made rendang! woohoo! i was so pleased with our cooking. there was tomato eggs, long bean eggs, mee goreng (more like instant noodle with lots of hot sauce), chinese cabbage and corn soup, REAL rice, moon cakes, pineapple tarts, etc. I was super happy! haha

I can't really describe it but there's a great deal of joy in making and eating these familiar dishes and a great of triumph in actually seeing these dishes come out correctly and enjoyed by the people there. I loved it. A lot. It really reminded me of home....

With the food getting worse or less varied at the dining halls, I'm starting to crave all the singapore food. Hokkien mee, chicken rice, bak chor mee.....ahhhhh!! cannot keep thinking about these or I'll really start drooling. Ya, but seriously, whoever said that i'll miss the food A LOT is SO right! I think if I want to eat all these, I'll just have to learn how to cook them. Recipes anyone??

By the way, these pictures are for me to drool over. AHHHHH!! cravings....


No comments: